“What happens when someone dies is that we, the living, contain their memory within us … They will live on in us, and we will celebrate them. And dance like there is no tomorrow”. Diane Torr
A dance dedicated to artist, drag king and gender activist Diane Torr who passed away in May 2017. A year to the day, I dance in a black room : a single shot fusing male and female as ode to life and death.
Traditional urban zeybekiko dance of Rebetiko, exclusively danced by men is danced by my hybrid manifestation – blended apescts of my identity. In silence I hear Diane’s words “Take space with all your being. Own the space”. I lift my arms and dance like there is no tomorrow as the camera follows. No edits or retakes : the aim is not to please or excite but to offer myself as site for collective unburdening.
- #Director: Fenia Kotsopoulou, Daz Disley
- #Country of Production: United Kingdom
- #Year of Production: 2018
- #Duration: 00:10:59
- #Dance and Acting: Fenia Kotsopoulou
- #Camera: Daz Disley
- #Editing: Fenia Kotsopoulou
- #Webpage: https://feniakotsopoulou.wixsite.com/artist
- #Trailer: https://vimeo.com/286566371 https://vimeo.com/286566371