The Inevitable and You looks at how complex, interpersonal relationships evolve amidst the density of life, in an endless chaos. How do deep relationships emerge in the opacity and diversity of daily communication? What existential challenges, instincts, and fears influence our togetherness?
Despite highly complex social networks, listening and empathizing are as arduous today as they have always been. Establishing a relationship means taking long-term responsibility, demonstrating courage and perseverance, and not being afraid – of both emotional intimacy and distance.
The dance in The Inevitable and You is the medium of this inner struggle of being in relationship. The art work unfolds in a continuous flow of movement, a dynamic, choreographic architecture that never comes to a halt. One movement initiates the next; instinctively, the dancers and the camera respond to each other, creating an atmosphere of never-ending intensity.
The film was supported by the NATIONAL PERFORMANCE NETWORK – STEPPING OUT, funded by the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media as part of the NEUSTART KULTUR.
- #Title: The Inevitable and You
- #Director: Adrien Casalis, Sita Ostheimer
Sita Ostheimer Company
- #Choreography: Sita Ostheimer
- #Country of Production: Germany
- #Year of Production: 2022
- #Duration: 00:18:35
- #Dance and Acting: Attila Ronai, Elena Martello, Camilla Branchetti, Cameron Bennett, Clementine Herveux
- #Camera: Adrien Casalis
- #Editing: Adrien Casalis
- #Music: Adrien Casalis
- #Lighting Design: Barnaby Booth
- #Webpage: www.socompany.de
- #Trailer: www.vimeo.com/777674523