An analogy between the modern human being, living in mass cities, and the phenomenon of the circle of death – observed in nature with ants who are separated from the main foraging party and lose the pheromone track. They begin to follow one another, forming a continuously rotating circle, commonly known as a “death spiral” because the ants might eventually die of exhaustion.
Shot in Mexico City, this vibrant and impressive city is a protagonist, symbolizing a life in endless high speed movement and the humans who are dedicating their lives to endless movement, self-exhaustion in a modern capitalistic based world.
- #Title: CIRCLE
- #Director: Phillip Kaminiak
- #Choreography: Qiao Qiao Zhang
- #Production: JACON JONAS THE COMPANY / LANDIA MEXICO
- #Country of Production: Mexico, USA
- #Year of Production: 2022
- #Duration: 00:06:11
- #Dance and Acting: Brenda Loustaunau Aguilar, Juan Carlos Estrada De La Cruz, Fernando Guez, Elisa Romero Ramírez, Carla Segovia, Paulina Vargas, Frank Vázquez, Diego Vertiz
- #Camera: Phillip Kaminiak
- #Editing: Sander Houtkruijer
- #Sound: Aldonza Contreras Castro
- #Music: Raven Bush
- #Screenplay: Phillip Kaminiak
- #Webpage: www.phillipkaminiak.com