A collaboration between choreographer Franka Marlene Foth and director Fiona Jane Burgess, Versus documents two femaledancers moving through the external corridors and open courtyards of the Hofgarten estate in Berlin, a modernist concretemaze.
The choreography is concerned with the process of everyday life as a woman, a dancer, and a creative – impulsive andpowerful, but also, at times, sloppy and slow. It’s a study of contrasts: sexy and ugly, heavy and light, strong and soft. It’s abouttrying to find balance and synchronicity.
- #Title: Versus
- #Director: Fiona Jane Burgess, Franka Marlene Foth
- #Choreography: Franka Marlene Foth
- #Country of Production: Germany
- #Year of Production: 2018
- #Duration: 00:04:13
- #Dance and Acting: Myriel Welling, Amalie Stitz
- #Camera: Htat Lin Htut, Patrick Morgan
- #Editing: Greg Hayes
- #Music: Frank Bretschneider, Rolf Steinbrüchl
- #Webpage: https://www.frankamarlenefoth.com/ https://www.fionajaneburgess.com/https://www.instagram.com/frankamarleneka/