Hofesh Shechter’s iconic stage work Political Mother explodes onto the screen as an UNPLUGGED, unapologetic and exhilarating new short film.
From behind the lens, Shechter brings Battersea Arts Centre’s imposing architecture and intimate spaces centre stage, immersing audiences within a fragile world of raw emotions as a group of individuals struggle against the complex structures that define their world, and ours.
Directed, choreographed, composed and filmed by Hofesh Shechter, POLITICAL MOTHER: The Final Cut gets under the skin of the original, bringing a fresh, new dance energy to the screen, set against a backdrop of Shay Hamias’ animations and Shechter’s cinematic score, performed by Shechter II, a new generation of exciting world-class dancers. A film not to be missed.
- #Title: POLITICAL MOTHER: The Final Cut
- #Director: Hofesh Shechter
- #Choreography: Hofesh Shechter
- #Production: Hofesh Shechter Company
- #Country of Production: United Kingdom
- #Year of Production: 2021
- #Duration: 00:36:12
- #Dance and Acting: Jared Brown, Jack Butler, Chieh-Hann Chang, Evelyn Hart, Charles Heinrich, Evelien Jansen, Rosalia Panepinto, Jill Goh Su-Jen, Niek Wagenaar
- #Camera: Hofesh Shechter / Consultant Director of Photography, Sebastian Cort
- #Editing: Todd MacDonald
- #Music: Hofesh Shechter - Musical Collaborators: Nell Catchpole, Yaron Engler
- #Webpage: hofesh.co.uk
- #Trailer: vimeo.com/566157182