The main character of „LINE”, an 83 years old Mrs Krystyna, is a mathematician and a teacher. A sensitive to art person that is at all times searching and wanting to discover. Krystyna has a stroke-induced aphasia – a disorder of language functions which impedes the process of translating thoughts into words resulting in disordered communication. The same process of translating thoughts, feelings and sensations but into a form of movement, is however fluid. Krystyna’s communication through movement is uninterrupted, clear and precise. Paradoxically it becomes an extremely eloquent language in itself, a dance.
Krystyna’s movement presented in “LINE” were inspired by the famous choreographic passage of Pina Bausch: Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, from „Nelken” (1982).
- #Title: Line
- #Director: Grzegorz Myjkowski, Katarzyna Ustowska
- #Choreography: Katarzyna Ustowska
- #Country of Production: Poland
- #Year of Production: 2018
- #Duration: 00:06:38
- #Dance and Acting: Krystyna Zaucha
- #Camera: Grzegorz Myjkowski
- #Editing: Grzegorz Myjkowski
- #Music: LASY feat. MaJLo
- #Signature: Grzegorz Myjkowski