The Spring is a screendance short, bringing together human and non-human bodies to explore and celebrate the complexity of the natural world and our place in it.
Modern life and our exploitation of the living world is made possible by our anthropocentricity, by our collective withdrawal from the natural world and a refusal to respect either its significance, or its limitations. We have lost so much of ourselves in this process, and have committed so much violence against the biosphere that we are well on the way to making the entire planet uninhabitable.
What happens if we reimagine our relationship with nature? What happens if we open ourselves up to the possibility of radically loving our home planet and the lives we share it with?
- #Title: The Spring
- #Director: Madeline Shann
- #Choreography: Madeline Shann
- #Production: Sakhile Shann
- #Country of Production: United Kingdom
- #Year of Production: 2022
- #Duration: 00:12:39
- #Dance and Acting: Rudzani Moleya
- #Camera: Arushi Chugh, Paul David Scott
- #Editing: Madeline Shann
- #Music: Xavier Velastín, Becky Wilkie
- #Webpage: www.madelineshann.co.uk
- #Trailer: vimeo.com/722548855