NEVER TWENTY ONE pays tribute to the young victims of firearms in the USA who will never be given the chance to see age 21. This expression originated from the Black Lives Matter movement denounces the early deaths which plague the country and neighborhoods like the Bronx in particular.
Through testimonials of victims of the gun market system, a young dancer expresses his rage, the loss of his loved ones, and the vicious spiral he is locked into and which pushes him to play with fire. He becomes the scar of these sacrificed lives, their memories, their words, engraved forever in the curse of number 21.
- #Director: Kevin Gay, Henri Coutant, Smaïl Kanouté
- #Production: RACINE COLLECTIVE
- #Country of Production: France
- #Year of Production: 2018
- #Duration: 00:07:12
- #Dance and Acting: Smaïl Kanouté
- #Editing: Kevin Gay
- #Sound: Alan Gay, Manu Arcimboldo
- #Music: Thomas Bangalter - Rectum / (Label Roulé) Masahiro Ikumi - Virtual (Voici Version - OST of Perfect Blue)
- #Webpage: https://vimeo.com/racines http://smailkanoute.com