“Polisemia” (Polisemy) is a videodance made with the objective of summoning up, at the editing/montage audio-visual moment, different dancing styles, with it owns rhythms, movements and expressions, into one.
It’s an experimental audio-visual where it was treated to re-signify the source material, divesting it from its original essence, and giving the spectator the chance to attribute infinity meaning by a play of rhythm, movement, noise image and lack of color.
As in life, editing/montage and dance; every decision, every modified detail, every new step, will result in a new and different choreography/ audio-visual / reality as it used to be, providing it with many possible meanings. And that is what “Polisemia” (Polisemy) is about.
- #Title: Polisemy
- #Director: Sofia Mellino
- #Choreography: Natalia Ríos, Julieta Carballo, Daniela Soledad Guilino
- #Country of Production: Argentina
- #Year of Production: 2016
- #Duration: 00:02:56
- #Dance and Acting: Ballet - Natalia Ríos, Belly dance - Julieta Carballo, Dark Gothic Belly dance - Daniela Soledad Guilino
- #Camera: Sofia Mellino
- #Editing: Sofia Mellino
- #Music: "Coena Rudimentalis" Composed and performed by Carlos Passeggi Dutch Music Partners, The Netherlands